Summer has already knocked our doors and it means business. You step out of the house and you can literally feel the heat burning your skin. Besides dehydration the body, the extreme temperature can cause havoc on the skin and can cause tanning, pigmentation, early ageing etc. The result is dull, tried and sallow looking skin with zero appeal.
Yes, one can always go to the salon but let's be honest, who has the time? But the lack of time should not refrain you from talking care of your skin and that's why today we share a list of 20 best homemade face packs which are easy to make but equally effective in beating the summer rage on the skin.
Homemade Face Packs for Summer 1: Mint pack
This pack is one of the best summer packs to soothe your skin from the summer heat.
• Fresh mint
• Turmeric powder – a pinch
• Lukewarm water
1. Take some fresh mint and make a fine paste of it. Now add a pinch of turmeric powder and mix well.
2. Wash your face with lukewarm water and apply this fine paste all over the face.
3. Leave for 15 minutes and wash with cold water.
Homemade Face Packs for Summer 2: Cleansing with milk
Regular cleansing is one of the most important steps to get glowing skin during summer.
• Piece of cotton
Dip a piece of cotton wool in milk and wipe your face with it. It also cleans unseen dirt which can go down into your pores.
Homemade Face Packs for Summer 3: Almond oil therapy
This therapy is a fine cleanser and it is very effective in protecting the delicate skin under the eyes.
• Piece of cotton
• Almond oil
Dip a piece of cotton wool in almond oil and wipe your face with it. It is an effective cleanser, for removing unseen dirt.
Homemade Face Packs for Summer 4: Soya beans or lentil pack
Soya beans are rich in isoflavone and applying this pack will help to slow down the process of ageing of the skin.
- 50 grams soya beans or masoor dal
- Unboiled milk
- Almond oil
- Take fifty grams Soya beans (or masoor dal), soak it in water over-night.
- Grind it well next morning into as paste after removing the shells.
- Mix un boiled milk and almond oil in the paste and apply.
Homemade Face Packs for Summer 5: Cucumber face pack
This pack will help to keep your skin hydrated and smooth during summers.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tbsp. sugar
1. Peel a cucumber and mash it in a bowl.
2. Add 1 tbsp. of sugar into the mashed cucumber and mix well.
3. Place it in the refrigerator until cool.
4. Apply it to your face and leave it on for ten minutes. Use cold water to wash your face.